This Powerpoint slide presentation presents an overview of key results from the 2015 Alaska Victimization Survey (AVS) for Alaska statewide and trends from 2010 to 2015, which show a decline in intimate partner and sexual violence in Alaska since 2010. The 2015 AVS statewide survey was conducted from May to August 2015, with results released on February 25, 2016 in Juneau. Findings include:
* In 2010, 12 in 100 women had experienced intimate partner violence, sexual violence, or both in Alaska during the previous year. By 2015, that number dropped to 8 in 100;
* Intimate partner violence decreased by 32%;
* Sexual violence decreased by 33%;
* 6,556 fewer women experienced intimate partner violence in 2015 than in 2010; and
* 3,072 fewer women experienced sexual violence in 2015 than 2010.
The 2015 survey also indicated that:
* 21,401 adult women in Alaska experienced intimate partner violence, sexual violence, or both in the past year; and
* Half of adult women in Alaska (more than 130,000) have experienced violence in their lifetime.
Table of Contents
Senate Judiciary Committee Recommendations /
Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault /
Alaska Victimization Survey /
Intimate Partner Violence /
Sexual Violence /
Summary of Past Year Estimates /
Summary of Lifetime Estimates /
Important Limitations /
A Special Thank You! /
Trends from 2010 to 2015 /
Number of Victims in 2015 /
Today to 2020 and beyond /
Justice Center, University of Alaska Anchorage; Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault, Alaska Department of Public Safety
Rosay, André B.; & Morton, Lauree. (2016). "Alaska Victimization Survey: Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence in Alaska — 2010 to 2015" (Powerpoint). Release of data, 25 Feb 2016. Justice Center, University of Alaska Anchorage; Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault, Alaska Department of Public Safety.
The export option will allow you to export the current search results of the entered query to a file. Different
formats are available for download. To export the items, click on the button corresponding with the preferred download format.
By default, clicking on the export buttons will result in a download of the allowed maximum amount of items.
To select a subset of the search results, click "Selective Export" button and make a selection of the items you want to export.
The amount of items that can be exported at once is similarly restricted as the full export.
After making a selection, click one of the export format buttons. The amount of items that will be exported is indicated in the bubble next to export format.